Our mission is to be a leader
in the forestry sector
by providing stakeholders with a
principled and financially secure
environment which enables
unrestricted trade and inclusive
promotion of business opportunities
Integrity | Passion | Expertise
to make the difficult possible
United Forest Products (UFP) was established in 2010 by a group of independent timber growers with the compelling vision of uniting timber growers and industry stakeholders under a single autonomous entity. From humble beginnings as a cooperative, the company has invigorated its operating model and has grown to an entity of significance focusing on the marketing of timber and timber related services from a sizeable variety of suppliers to a well diversified portfolio of customers.
UFP’s strengths are in the diversification of its products, its intrinsic knowledge of the major factors impacting on its customer base and its ability to align its selling strategy with the demanding issues affecting customers. Consequently, UFP enjoys a preferential market position as an agent for timber and timber related products and services.
Our Mission is to be a leader in the forestry sector by providing stakeholders with a principled and financially secure environment which enables unrestricted trade and inclusive promotion of business opportunities.
What We Do
Timber is sourced from sustainable forestry plantations throughout South Africa, Mozambique and Swaziland and sell a wide range of products to local and international market on behalf of our suppliers.
UFP is strategic in distinguishing itself in three predominant areas:
- Negotiating fair, market related prices
- Accessing markets and customers
- Prompt payment of suppliers on delivery of product
UFP’s unique ability to pay supplier accounts at a settlement discount on the delivery of the product extends beyond supply to related services in transport, harvesting, silviculture and sale of standing timber and is critical to the survival of sole proprietors, small and medium enterprises. Under the UFP umbrella these entities enjoy protection from unscrupulous operators, the threat of non and late payments, the risk averse banking sector and similar challenges significant to the small and medium enterprise sector.
UFP’s impressive growth trajectory, successful operation and excellent reputation in its many years of operation are attributed to being well established in the forestry sector and having a proven track record of:
- Integrity of its governance record which has instilled proven confidence in its stakeholders
- Passionate energy and drive of its dedicated and dynamic team when promoting sustainability and ensuring ethical practice in the sector
- Strong financial discipline coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Seizing opportunities and navigating obstacles with innovation and creativity which enables the company to continually evolve and adapt itself to the changing demands of the sector.
- Ensuring that good relationships are at the foundation of maintaining business partners during both thriving and challenging times.
- A business model, service standards and reputation which exceeds the norm
- Trading a diversified portfolio of timber commodities and related products
- Excellent trade credit references
- Understanding market dynamics and positioning to benefit from opportunities and overcome challenges
- Support of industry bodies and initiatives for the advancement of stakeholder interest and development
Forest Stewardship Council Accreditation
The company carries the prestigious FSC® chain of custody accreditation, an international audit benchmark used by consumers to differentiate sustainably-sourced round wood products from those made from timber of unknown origin. FSC® chain of custody accreditation means peace of mind for consumers, who are assured that timber sourced under United Forest Products, originates from forests that are managed in a sustainable and responsible manner, according to the environmental social and economic principles of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®).
United Forest Products
Our Passion, Your Solution
United Forest Products (UFP) was established in 2010 by a group of independent timber growers with the compelling vision of uniting timber growers and industry stakeholders under a single autonomous entity.
– Roundwood and Sawn Timber
– Hazard Treatment
The company represents smaller mills in the marketing of their kiln dried and wet of saw timber.
Charcoal is produced from exotic Eucalyptus hardwoods (Camaldulensis, Sideroxylon, Cloeziana) and from sustainable Acacia and Eucalyptus forestry plantations.